What is a soul tie?
A soul tie is an unusual bond that connect one person to the other. It is an emotional connection that links two souls together, like a glue that seems impossible to break free from even when you want to.
There are two types of soul tie:
1. Healthy Soul tie
2. Unhealthy soul tie
The kind of bond between husband and a wife, siblings or family can be identified as a healthy soul tie. A bond or tie becomes unhealthy or wrong when such bonds make the individuals do things contrary to God’s design, i.e. when a man or woman is having sex outside marriage, a wrong soul tie can be formed. Unhealthy soul tie is like bondage, it is accomplished with the desire to want to please the person above all, and there is a burning desire to spending time, money and any other resources for the person without caution. It could be manipulative, controlling or abusive at some point. Any relationship with these traits is unhealthy soul bond.
How soul tie is formed
Soul tie can be formed through the following:
1. Sexual intimacy
3. Vows or promises made by words or blood initiation
4. Close relationships with someone
5. Fantasising about someone you don’t have relationship with i.e. celebrities or making an idol of a person.
Sexual intimacy within marriage or outside marriage is one of the viable means of soul tie formation. Sex is more than an act or a game, it is sacred. Sexual intimacy is not just the nakedness of the body but connection of the spirit and the soul. Sex has the capacity to join two souls to become one. In the confined of marriage, the act is healthy because God designed the man and the woman to become one flesh without shame but when it is outside marriage regardless of the persons, gender, age and circumstance, it is a wrong soul tie that is formed. That explains why it is common for a person to still have sexual longings for an ex-lover.
There is another type of soul tie which may be slightly different from the above. This can happen when a man or woman is just having a fling. Saying romantic words to get the other person’s attraction. It may not necessarily involved the act of sex but it definitely involved sexual advancement in words or actions to the other person and it could be mutual flirtation.
The kind of soul tie that is developed from vows or promises can either be healthy or dangerous. People must realise that WORDS spoken are powerful and living! People make promises or say things that attached them with other persons. Often times you hear of some individual saying things or making promises that don’t intend to keep but the other person has totally believed in those words and it becomes binding.
Relationship grows when you dedicate time for it. The people we spend our time with eventually becomes so close to us that a bond is form. For example, we spend time with our siblings, close relatives and friends and the bond is mutual. A man and a woman co-habiting together will eventually form a strong soul time after a period of time. A different kind of bond can also be formed with co-workers or friends.
Out of the different ways by which soul tie is formed, the most excruciating one to break away from is that of the sexual soul tie. You may call it ‘casual sex’ but in reality, it is a strong soul tie that was formed. You don’t have to say a word, spend longer time together or have sex just once. That once is just enough for the souls to be glued even after the sexual encounter! What would it look like having sex with more than one person? Can you imagine the number of souls that would be glued to one person!
Most people who fell into the sexual soul tie were either uninformed, seeking for a deeper relationship thinking sexual intimacy could make it possible or simply mis-informed about it. But regardless of the reason or how people’s soul get tied together, soul tie is so strong to break and distance doesn’t break the ties.
Lastly, soul tie may not be between opposite gender alone. There are some sibling relationship that are soul-tied even some parent – child relationship could be soul tied. How do you explain a child who is unwilling to live his parents’ home when he/she is grown? Soul tie may also be between a person and animals.
Below points may help you to identify soul ties
Signs of an unhealthy soul tie
1. Obsession: when you have broken a relationship with someone but you still think of the person and finds it impossible to get the person from your mind even after a long period of time.
2. When you are in another relationship but the thoughts and memories you shared with the person constantly overshadowed that of your new partner.
3. When you cannot stop visualising your ex or the person even when you are with someone else or having sex with your spouse.
4. When you are confused in the sense that your feelings and your mind are saying contrary things. This happens when your emotions is saying one thing but your inner mind is saying another thing.
5. When you feel helpless. You are in a wrong soul tie when you feel helpless without the person, you want to be free but couldn’t help yourself out of it. You break up with the person and get miserable then you go back and the cycle continues. Sometimes the feelings come with a sense of hopelessness.
6. When you are tormented by the thoughts of this person and simply feel you have no life without this person.
7. When you act abnormal in the absence of this person such as losing the desire to dress well, loss of appetite, getting sick but over it at the sight of this person.
8. When you chose this person over important relationships in your life such as your spouse.
9. When the person is taking the place of God in your life.
The signs could be more than this but these are just few
Probably ways of breaking soul ties.
It is not impossible to break soul tie irrespective of how long or tight it has been but most importantly you need to truly desire to want to break such ties and also ask for the help of God to achieve that. In addition you should be ready to do the following:
1. Take necessary step to break free from your ex or soul-tie partner. You cannot do this without some pain. You need to tell the person you are breaking the relationship, resist talking to the person as usual, don’t meet the person in private places and avoid using words that could connote your interest in the continuation of the relationship.
2. Don’t keep friendship with the person you had a soul tie with especially your ex. It is a matter of time before the fire ignite and the cycle begins.
3. Let your spouse know about your ex and that you have severe every form of relationship with the person. Transparency will not only help you to build trust with your spouse but it may help you from going back to your vomit.
4. Above all, you need to continuously pray and have faith in God that the bond is broken.
5. Avoid getting hooked in another type of soul-tie. Set boundaries in new and existing relationships and most importantly, make God your standard and His word your guide.
Thank you for reading till the end.