One of the ways we express love to our spouse is through sex.
God created us to give and receive love. Our body is designed to experience pleasure, ecstasy, intimacy, and much more through sexual exploits.
However, different reasons hinder us from enjoying our sexual relationship as desired or designed. One of them is communication.
Enjoying sexual intimacy begins and ends on the quality of communication. From letting your spouse know that you are horny, telling him how you want it, where to touch on your body, getting to orgasm and ecstasy, or telling him that you wish another round of sexual pleasure, everything rises and falls on communication.
But it is quite unfortunate; some couples still find it odd to say the word Sex.
It is impossible to develop real intimacy without communication. Communication is an essential ingredient in lovemaking and a huge enhancer to your sexual enjoyment.
The truth is, if you do not understand your partner’s sexual language, you cannot experience the depths of sexual pleasure together.
Everyone is unique. There is a way your partner wants it that is entirely different from what you have read in books, what you saw on the internet or what a counsellor told you. To know this, you need to communicate sexually with your partner. That knowledge is acquired through communication.
How to build communication that leads to continuous sexual pleasure?
- Establish healthy communication styles that will improve your emotional bond. This will ease the challenge of seeing Sex as an odd topic of discussion.
- Take time to discover the things that give you pleasure. What you don’t know, you can’t share. What are your expectations, preferences, and things that make you connect sexually? Share your discoveries with your spouse.
- Your spouse knows what triggers them sexually. Let them be free to share these with you without fear of being labeled, criticised, blamed, or put down.
- Build your love vocabulary and create time for romance in your relationship. During this period, draw words from your love vocabulary that will endear your spouse to you. Tell your spouse what you like about him/her.
- Be honest and open to each other. Share your difficulties and, together, find a solution to it. Enjoying Sex is the contribution of the two individuals.
- Sex is also visual. Communicate your desirability to your spouse through your dressing. Let the environment infer passion. Indulge in touching even during dialogue.
- Love talk is an excellent lubricant in lovemaking. Make talking part of your foreplay while paying attention to the non-verbal cues, i.e., what makes your partner moan or groan during Sex.
- Communication is a skill that requires practice and feedback. Ask questions on how you are faring sexually, genuinely listen, and keep improving.
Lastly, everyone has a need, a quest, and a desire for sexual fulfilment. You can only know this and be able to actualize it if you talk, listen, and give each other tremendous pleasure. Sex is not what you take in marriage; it is what you give!
Kindly leave a comment on how communication has or can improve your sex life?